Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fiesta Grill #2 - Huntington Beach

I have a confession. I love Fiesta Grill. Not just the food, though it's the certainly the best Mexican food around, but I love everything from the friendly faces to the bright orange walls. Sylvia and "Macho" will make you feel right at home - they might even pick your dinner if you can't decide! We visit our friends at Fiesta Grill #2 at least once a week, so this will be the first of many posts you'll have the pleasure of reading.

Between dear Ben and me, we have had almost everything on the menu. While my order varies, the first thing on my list is always an enchilada. Just one taste of their enchiladas can bring happiness to anyone. My favorite is the cheese enchilada with grilled onions tucked neatly inside and covered with a delicious green sauce. The green sauce has the perfect taste, and I don't think I will ever tire of it.

Tonight, I also ordered a potato enchilada - and off menu item. Macho prepared it with chunks of potato wrapped in a soft corn tortilla and topped with their signature red sauce. He garnished it with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and avocado. The garnishes change from time to time depending on what's fresh or perhaps at the whim of chef Macho. If I had to guess, I would imagine that you might never have had a potato enchilada. If you can, you should. And soon.

With eyes bigger than my stomach, I ordered the shrimp taco, too! I simply couldn't stop myself. The taco was filled with plenty of shrimp, crispy strips of lettuce, tomatoes, finely shredded white cheese, and a magnificent red sauce (different from the red enchilada sauce). I had half, then passed it across the table to dear Ben.


Karen's Mexican Extravaganza!

Speaking of dear Ben, he ordered what has become a new favorite - a sope. He ordered a carne asada sope on this particular evening. A sope is similar to a tosada, but the base of this creation is like a corn cake. It was covered with lean, chopped carne asada, refried beans, lettuce, and tomato.

He also ordered a chicken flauta. Fluffy pillows from heaven. The taste is so much more exciting than what you might be thinking. The fried flour tortilla puffs up wonderfully to surround the shredded seasoned chicken breast. The plate included a large dollop of sour cream and homemade guacamole, perfect for dipping!


Dear Ben's Mexican Meal

We left Fiesta Grill #2 feeling full and happy. I think you would leave feeling the same way. So, do something nice for yourself - and be sure to let me know just how much you enjoyed it!

... and those are my Notes from the Napkin!


Fiesta Grill #2
19484 Beach Blvd (At Yorktown)
Huntington Beach, CA 92648


Fiesta Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment