Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fuji's Famous Burgers - Huntington Beach

I can’t believe that it took me this long to get over to Fuji’s Famous Burger. I learned about this little dive from a parent at school on the last day of school, and today Dear Ben and I finally made our way up Gothard for lunch.


Fuji Burgers is more than just burgers. Tacos, Chicken, Beef, Shirmp, or BBQ Pork Teriyaki, Teriyaki Bowls, Veggies, Miso Soup, Wontons, Potato Salad… and let’s not forget the Bacon Avocado Burgers and the best Crinkle Cut French Fries this side of your childhood. Fuji Burgers runs the spectrum from healthy choices to guilty pleasures.


I really wanted a chicken teriyaki sandwich, but I splurged on the number 8 because it comes with avocado. You can choose your bread, and the cashier recommended the Armenian Bread. I recommend that too! My sandwich was white-meat chicken chunks (not a whole breast or patty) with mayo, avocado, and plenty of teriyaki sauce between two slices of pillowy butter bread. The avocado really made this sandwich special. You can add avocado to just about anything for 60 cents more.



The #8 - Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich with Avocado


Dear Ben went with the Bacon Burger without cheese. It’s a typical thin patty that you get at dives similar to this one, but it was fine because there was plenty of perfectly cooked bacon on top. While it was a good burger, the chicken sandwich was better. Dear Ben thinks he’ll get a teriyaki bowl next time. We saw several people with these, and it looked pretty delicious.


Bacon Burger


We also couldn’t leave without trying one of their tacos. They’re not you’re your typical taco, but you can put on taco sauce for more of a Mexican flair. Dear Ben said the teriyaki beef taco was the best thing he had there. Thinly sliced beef with teriyaki sauce, lettuce, and tomato around a soft corn tortilla. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t a flour tortilla, and even more impressed at the flavor of the bread. It was terrific, and next time I’ll splurge on avocado.


Beef Teriyaki Taco



The beef wontons were pretty delicious. They’re filled with the same teriyaki beef used in the taco. It’s hard to go wrong with a fried wonton, and these were tasty.


Beef Wontons


The potato salad was my least favorite. I couldn’t actually find the egg in it, but it tasted too eggy for me. It was just odd, and I couldn’t eat more than two bites.


Side of Potato Salad



Finally, my favorite item on the menu: the crinkle cut French fries. I would go just for this. Extra crispy outside and velvety soft inside. We got a small, and while I was full at the end, next time I’m getting a large. I don’t care how many extra minutes on the treadmill, the fries were fabulous.


Crinkle Cut Fries


What a great lunch! Fuji’s Famous Burgers is a friendly joint that has something for anyone. Even Mama would find something she liked, and I can’t wait to start bringing people here. Not only is it delicious, but reasonably priced. We got all of that for $20.01, including a drink. You’ve just got to check this place out!


Fuji’s Famous Burger

15885 Gothard St

Huntington Beach, CA 92647

(714) 891-6066



Fuji's Famous Burger on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment