Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tacos Jerez - Huntington Beach

I always notice the word "Tacos," and I noticed this new taco joint while driving down Beach Blvd. recently. I knew it was somewhere that I must try.



Pretty basic menu, and I love the 89 cent tacos!

Salsa and Condiment Bar


From left to right:
Dark red salsa - hot; green salsa - nice heat, but not overpowering;
chunky salsa - refeshing, can eat it with a spoon.



I love those marinated carrots!


I ordered the Taco Combo for $4.50. It comes with three tacos, rice, and beans. You can choose any combination of meat: chicken, beef, or pork. Of course I got one of each. The pork was my favorite, followed by beef, and finally the chicken. These are small tacos (3-4 bites) with two soft corn tortillas, meat, cilantro, and onion. I really love the simplicity of tacos like this, and these were quite enjoyable. I feel like I could eat a six pack of them!

The rice and beans aren't anything to really write about. They tasted fine, but I didn't find anything truly special about them.

Taco Combo Plate

Dear Ben order the "flautas" for $4.50. They are really taquitos, and you don't get a choice of meat. They are chicken. Four flautas/taquitos come in one servings, and it's topped with lettuce, cheese, and plenty of guacamole. They were pretty good, but definitely not a flauta that you might get at, say, Fiesta Grill. The guacamole was the best part of the plate, and thank goodness there are so generous with it!

"Flautas"


Dear Ben and I both really loved the Taco Revolutionario. It's a bigger taco and the meat isn't chopped. Plus, you get a little side of guacamole with it. As you can see Dear Ben couldn't wait for a picture before digging in. These tacos go for $1.49.

Taco Revolutionario


Overall, I liked the food at Tacos Jerez. Best part: tacos. Worst part: the lady cleaning the floor with a very strong cleaner. Seriously? The smell definitely interfered with my eating enjoyment. On the flip side, I'm glad they clean. So, if you're craving a simple and authentic taco, give this place a shot.


Tacos Jerez
17673 Beach Blvd.
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
tacosjerez.com

No comments:

Post a Comment