Sunday, June 6, 2010

Amante Pizza - Green Lake

I've been really obsessed with pizza lately. Gosh, just think of all the different kinds of pizza available. And when you go to Amante's Pizza and Pasta, you've got a whole other layer of choice to make. You can go with simple traditional choices ... or you can go out on a limb to try one of their topping heavy, ooey gooey, Wow-this-tastes-good choices.


This is an extra large, 18 inch, pie. I think I've told you, but I love the look of the large piece of pizza. I love it almost like I love the sound of a Diet Coke can opening. Ah, yes, it's a beautiful thing.


Ok, yes, the large slices are just the way I like it, but ... dare I say ... there are too many toppings? Is that why the crust doesn't crunch? Is that why the toppings slide off?
If you can get past the fact that the crust underneath might be a tad on the "wet" side, or that the toppings slip around a bit, you'll find a pretty good tasting pizza. I found the best plan of attack was the fork-and-knife method until sturdy enough to pick up the slice.

The Amante Special:
Proscuitto, Italian sausage, red onions, mushrooms, black olives, fresh basil and shredded pepperoni. Yep, SHREDDED pepperoni (loved it!). The proscuitto was hard to detect, but a pretty good tasting combo nonetheless.




Here's their small, 10 inch, pie.
The Spartacus:
Olive Oil base, onions, Greek olives, Greek feta, gyro meat, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. It's served with a side of tzatziki sauce. The Greek olives are left whole, and the gyro meat is thick. I wanted it because it was different. Now, I probably won't be able to order Amante's without at least getting a small Spartacus. Friend Jeff, Dear Ben, and I all agreed!


Yum. Look at that tzatziki sauce drizzled just the way I want it.

Despite a few flaws, it's not a deal breaker for me. I enjoyed the pizza, and I'll be ordering again. If you want something other than pizza, Amante serves up pasta, calzones, grinders/subs, salads, an array of appetizers, and even desserts. Chances are, there's a location near you - eleven locations in Washington, plus one in Arizona and one in Maryland.

Amante Pizza & Pasta
7208 E Greenlake Dr. N
Seattle, WA 98115
(206) 816-3333
www.amantepizzaandpasta.com/


Amante Pizza & Pasta on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment